Wednesday 19 August 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 19, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Collier Young and Jean-Claude Laurent-Champrosay.
Stung, directed by Benni Diez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1908 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Collier Young: American scriptwriter and film producer in the '50s and '60s.
- Jean-Claude Laurent-Champrosay: French military officer in World War II, a lieutenant-colonel, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).