Thursday 19 August 1943US date format: 8/19/1943, UK date format: 19/8/1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 19, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edwin Hawkins and Martin Mull.
The Fallen Sparrow, directed by Richard Wallace, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1943 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Edwin Hawkins
- Martin Mull: Actor.
- Billy J Kramer: Liverpool, England -- Rock vocalist (The Dakotas-Bad to Me).
- Billy Kramer: English singer.
- US air raid on German bases at Gilze-Rijen / Vlissingen
- In Quebec, Canada, a conference is held by representatives of Canada, Great Britain, and the USA, over six days. British and American Chiefs of Staff approve outline plans for operation Overlord, an invasion of France across the English Channel. Target date is set for May 1, 1944. Discussions are held on atomic research and use of an atomic bomb.