Friday 19 September 1919
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 19, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Grenier and Harry Shorto.
The Sentimental Bloke, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 September 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1919 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Roger Grenier: French novelist, journalist, and existentialist.
- Blanche Thebom: Monessen, Pennsylvania -- Mezzo-soprano (Amneris-Aida).
- Harry Shorto: Linguist.
- Edgardo Mercado Jarrin: Peruvian politician who served as the Prime Minister of Peru from 31 January 1973 to 1 February 1975.
- Egisto Peyre: Italy sport Champion.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody - John Steel
- Dear Old Pal of Mine - Sascha Jacobsen
- Smilin' Through - Reinald Werrenrath