Monday 19 December 1938
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jay Arnette and Jean-Louis Fournier.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1938 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jay Arnette: American athlete, played pro basketball for three seasons beginning in 1963.
- Jean-Louis Fournier: French writer, and winner of the Prix Femina, 2008, for "Où on va, papa?" in which he writes about his relationship with his two handicapped sons, Mathieu and Thomas.
- Stephen Warfield Gambrill: American politician (Born 1873).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- This Can't Be Love - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Martha Tilton)
- Hurry Home - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?