Wednesday 19 December 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 19, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Mari and Jimmy Cauty.
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Carnival in Moscow, directed by Eldar Ryazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Life Of The Party by Bennett Cerf was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wedding Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 December 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1956 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Pierre Mari
- Jimmy Cauty
- Phil Harris: American fisherman from Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch (Born 1956).
- Alice Barrett: Actress.
- Shane McEntee: Irish farmer and politician Minister of State for Food Horticulture and Food Safety (d. 2012).
- Tom Lawless: American baseball player and manager.
- Alice Barrett in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Frankie Frame - Another World).
- Irish-born physician John Bodkin Adams is arrested in connection with the suspicious deaths of more than 160 patients. Eventually he is convicted only of minor charges.
- John Bodkin Adams is arrested for the murder of 2 patients in Eastbourne, Great Britain.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Just Walkin' In The Rain - Johnnie Ray
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock
- The Green Door - Frankie Vaughan
- The Four Aces - Love Is A Many Splendored Thing
- Guy Mitchell - Singing The Blues
- Malcolm Vaughan - St Therese Of The Roses
- Rock-A-Beatin' Boogie - Bill Haley & His Comets
- Max Bygraves - Meet Me On The Corner
- Rip It Up - Bill Haley & His Comets
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?