Tuesday 20 December 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Harbison and Edwin A Abbott.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 December 1938 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- John Harbison: American composer and academic.
- Edwin A Abbott
- John Harris Harbison: Orange, New Jersey -- Composer.
- Annie Armstrong: American missionary (Born 1850).
- Vladimir K Zworykin (Pennsylvania, USA) receives patent on the Iconoscope TV system.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hurry Home - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- This Can't Be Love - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Martha Tilton)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?