Saturday 31 December 1938, NewYear’s EveUS date format: 12/31/1938, UK date format: 31/12/1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 31, 1938). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Rosalind Cash and Rosalind Cash in Atlantic City.
King of the Underworld, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching BBC TV Cricket.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 December 1938
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1938 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Rosalind Cash: American actress, leading lady of the...
- Henricus G Wijmans: Dutch graphic artist.
- Rosalind Cash in Atlantic City: New Jersey, USA; actress (Omega Man,...
- John Curley: American journalist and CEO of Gannet, a...
- Berkant : Turkish singer-songwriter (d. 2012).
- Atje Keulen-Deelstra: Holland, Netherlands -- Speed skater...
- Richard N Roland Holst: Dutch artist/painter, dies at age 70.
- The 8th International Conference of American States issues the Declaration of Lima, that the American countries agree to stand united against any threat.
- US President Franklin Roosevelt issues a proclamation that the government will continue to purchase domestically mined silver for 64.64 cents per ounce until June 30. (Current world price of silver is 43 cents.)
- Dr. Charles Greeley Abbot, secretary of the Smithsonian Institution, receives a US patent for a "solar distilling apparatus", which uses concentrated Sun's rays to heat contaminated water to boiling, then the water vapor is collected.
- Herbert Lehman is sworn in as Governor of New York State for fourth four-year term.
- Dr R N Harger's "drunkometer", first breath test, introduced in Indiana, USA.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- They Say - Artie Shaw & His Orchestra
- Thanks for Everything - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- You're A Sweet Little Headache - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Martha Tilton)