Wednesday 21 December 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Bryggman in Concord and Larry Bryggman.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1938 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Larry Bryggman in Concord: California, USA; actor (Dr John Dixon - As the World Turns).
- Larry Bryggman: American actor in "As The World Turns," a daytime TV soap opera.
- Frank Moorhouse: Australian journalist author and screenwriter.
- John Quayle: English actor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- This Can't Be Love - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Martha Tilton)
- Hurry Home - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?