Saturday 3 December 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jose Serebrier and Martyn Taylor.
Pygmalion, directed by Anthony Asquith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 3 December 1938 ?
- International Day of Disabled Persons - 
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Francis Xavier; also Saint Birinus
- Jose Serebrier: Montevideo, Uruguay -- Conductor / composer (Star Wagon).
- Martyn Taylor: Teacher / campaigner.
- Jean-Claude Malepart: Canadian politician (d. 1989).
- Jean-Claude Malépart: Canadian lawyer and politician (d. 1989).
- Sally Shlaer: American mathematician and engineer (d. 1998).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Umbrella Man - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?