Wednesday 28 December 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Yarnell in Los Angeles and Janet Hough Bryant.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1938 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Bruce Yarnell in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Outlaws).
- Janet Hough Bryant: Author / performing artist / educator.
- Charles Neville: American rock vocalist/saxophonist (Neville Brothers).
- Lagumot Harris: Nauruan politician and former President (d. 1999).
- Dick Sudhalter: American trumpet player scholar and critic (d. 2008).
- Florence Lawrence: Silent screen actress (Confidence), dies at 48.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?