Friday 23 December 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice McCann and Bob Kahn.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while My Son, My Son! by Howard Spring was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 December 1938 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Maurice McCann: Irish astrologer for some 28 years (by 2002).
- Bob Kahn: American computer scientist and engineer co-developed the Transmission Control Protocol.
- Robert Herrick: US writer (Chimes), dies at age 70.
- Discovery of the first modern coelacanth in South Africa.
- A coelacanth, a fish thought to have been extinct, is caught off the coast of South Africa near Chalumna River.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hurry Home - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- This Can't Be Love - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Martha Tilton)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?