Friday 19 November 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 19, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to What's My Name? by Rihanna.
Burlesque, directed by Steve Antin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while In The Company Of Others by Jan Karon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glory Daze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Batman: The Brave and the Bold – The Videogame or Bejeweled Blitz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 November 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 19 November 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 November
- Pat Burns: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2010).
- A US drone attack kills at least three suspected militants and destroys their vehicle in the North Waziristan district of Pakistan. (Sify)
- Eleven people are killed in clashes between the rival al-Shabaab and Ahlu Sunna Waljama'a groups in central Somalia. (Press TV)
- A police officer dies in hospital after a suspected militant attack in Russia’s North Caucasus republic of Dagestan. (RIA Novosti)
- Responding to Palestinians firing phosphorous shells and mortars into Israel, the Israel Air Force bombs at least two targets in the Gaza Strip and will file a complaint with the UN. The Salah al-Din Brigades claim responsibility, saying the rockets were responding to the killing of two members of the al-Qaida affiliated Army of Islam in Gaza. (Ynet)
- The U.S. military is sending M1 Abrams tanks to Afghanistan for the first time in the nine-year war in Afghanistan. (AFP via Google)
- Germany says the laptop bag containing an explosive simulation training device found at Namibia's main airport during loading of a flight to Munich was part of a security test, a day after German Interior Minister Thomas de Maizière issued a warning of possible terror attacks next week. (MSNBC)
- United States federal judge William Terrell Hodges orders actor Wesley Snipes to surrender to authorities so that he can start a three year sentence for tax-related crimes. (AP via ''Huffington Post'')
- Twenty-nine coal miners and officials are feared trapped following an explosion at the Pike River Coal Processing Plant at Atarau in the Grey District of the South Island of New Zealand. (BBC)
- The cholera epidemic which has killed more than 1,100 people in Haiti spreads to the largest prison in the country. (BBC)
- Residents of Los Angeles come under attack from rabid bats carrying a deadly disease. (BBC)
- Prime Minister Vladimir Putin takes part in a limited attendance meeting of the EurAsEC Interstate Council. (premier.gov.ru)
- India summons the Iranian chargé d'affaires to protest against remarks by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei regarding Kashmir. It also abstains on a vote on Iranian human rights for the first time. (''Times of India'')
- NATO summit
- NATO agrees to extend its Europe-based missile defence system. (Al-Jazeera)
- Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, says that cultural genocide is taking place in Tibet, particularly in light of the Chinese authority’s requirement of Mandarin as the language of instruction in schools in Tibet. (''Hindustan Times'')
- Demonstrators outside the Saudi embassy in Jakarta demand justice for migrant workers after a Saudi Arabian employer kills an Indonesian maid and another maid was severely beaten by her Saudi employer the Indonesian Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa summons the Saudi Arabian ambassador to protest. (CNN)
- Panama grants asylum to Maria del Pilar Hurtado, the former head of Colombia's Administrative Department of Security wanted for allegedly illegal wiretapping. (BBC)
- Major fishing nations meet in Paris to discuss quota limits for fishing of the critically endangered Atlantic bluefin tuna many nations are urging that lower fishing rates are needed. (Reuters)
- The Cook Islands Party wins a majority of seats in the Cook Islands general election, defeating the incumbent Democratic Party. Henry Puna will become the next Prime Minister. (Sydney Morning Herald)
- Hundreds of people demonstrate in Malawi against a pension bill that would raise the retirement age of women to 55, and 60 for men. (African Press Agency)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 November 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Oberhausen - Bielefeld : 3 - 0
- Osnabruck - Hertha : 2 - 0
- Union Berlin - Fortuna Dusseldorf : 1 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Barcelona B - Recreativo : 1 - 1
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Burton - Bury : 1 - 3
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Vicenza - Padova : 2 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Right Above It - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- All I Want Is You - Miguel Featuring J. Cole
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Willow - Whip My Hair
- Holding You Down (Goin In Circles) - Jazmine Sullivan
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- El Malo - Aventura
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
More companies are trying to gain Hispanic customers by communicating with them in Spanish on the Web, on special sites for mobile phones and through texts. [..]
The computer company said that revenue saw strong gains in every unit except consumer products. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $38.00
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $91.87
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $75.09
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $41.77
- 1 CHF = 6.7006 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5253 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9749 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.551 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?