Thursday 19 October 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 19, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Clark de Windermere and Masabumi Kikuchi.
The Roaring Twenties, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 October 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1939 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- David Clark de Windermere
- Masabumi Kikuchi
- Benita Valente in Delano: California, USA; soprano (Pamina - Die Zauberfl�te).
- Mike Ditka: Coach.
- Jean-Paul Escande: French business executive, a corporate director and manager.
- David Clark: Scottish politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Marina Oswald: Celebrity.