Saturday 27 September 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Earl of and James H Wilkinson.
The Dragon Painter, directed by William Worthington, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1919 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Earl of: Clanwilliam.
- James H Wilkinson: American mathematician (d. 1986).
- Charles H: Percy (Senator-Republican-Illinois).
- Johnny Pesky: American baseball player.
- Charles H Percy: American politician.
- Charles Percy: American politician. The President of Bell and Howell at 19, he was Chairman of the Board in 1960, a U.S. Senator, then Governor of Illinois 1966.
- Etienne Poirier: Bourg de Thizy Painters
- Jayne Meadows: Chinese-American actress and author (d. 2015)
- James Wilkinson: American mathematician and computer scientist (d. 1986)
- Adelina [Adela JM] Patti: Italian soprano (Lucio), dies at 76.
- British troops withdraw from Archangelsk
- Democratic National Committee voted to allow female members
- Pitcher Bob Shawkey sets New York Yankees record with 15 strike-outs.
- The last British Army troops leave Archangel, Russia and leave the fighting to the Russians.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 September 1919
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Take Me to the Land of Jazz - Marion Harris
- The Vamp - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Take Your Girlie to the Movies (If You Can't Make Love at Home) - Billy Murray
- The Vamp - Waldorf-Astoria Dance Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?