Wednesday 10 September 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 10, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Noorda and Robert Leighton.
The Dragon Painter, directed by William Worthington, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 September 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 10 September 1919 ?
- John Noorda: Resistance fighter.
- Robert Leighton: American astronomer and experimental physicist who spent his professional career at the California Institute of Technology.
- Lex van Delden: Dutch Composer / writer, dies at 68.
- New York City welcomes home General John J Pershing and 25,000 WW I soldiers.
- Austria and the Allies sign the Treaty of Saint-Germain recognizing the independence of Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia.
- September 15: The Florida Keys Hurricane kills 600 in the Gulf of Mexico, Florida and Texas.
- While working as a spy for the police, Adolf Hitler was ordered to monitor the German Workers Party.
- Gabriele D'Annunzio, with his entourage, marches into Fiume and convinces the Italian troops to join him.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Beautiful Ohio - Fritz Kreisler
- It's Nobody's Business but My Own - Bert Williams
- Everybody Wants a Key to My Cellar - Bert Williams
- Anything is Nice if it Comes from Dixie - American Quartet
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Helen Clark & George Wilton Ballard