Wednesday 10 September 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Noorda and Robert Leighton.
Back to God's Country, directed by David M. Hartford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Desert of Wheat by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 10 September 1919 ?
- John Noorda: Resistance fighter.
- Robert Leighton: American astronomer and experimental physicist who spent his professional career at the California Institute of Technology.
- Lex van Delden: Dutch Composer / writer, dies at 68.
- New York City welcomes home General John J Pershing and 25,000 WW I soldiers.
- Austria and the Allies sign the Treaty of Saint-Germain recognizing the independence of Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia.
- September 15: The Florida Keys Hurricane kills 600 in the Gulf of Mexico, Florida and Texas.
- While working as a spy for the police, Adolf Hitler was ordered to monitor the German Workers Party.
- Gabriele D'Annunzio, with his entourage, marches into Fiume and convinces the Italian troops to join him.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'll Say She Does - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- It's Nobody's Business but My Own - Arthur Collins
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?