Sunday 28 September 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 28, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles H. Percy and Betty Dion.
The Sentimental Bloke, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 September 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1919 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Charles H. Percy: Politician.
- Betty Dion: American nurse for 40 years.
- Tom Harmon: American actor and father of actor Mark Harmon, a former college football star and sports broadcaster.
- Doris Singleton: American actress and singer (d. 2012).
- Fastest major league game (51 mins), New York Giants beat Philadelphia Phillies 6-1.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Vamp - Waldorf-Astoria Dance Orchestra
- Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra - The Vamp
- Take Me to the Land of Jazz - Marion Harris
- Take Your Girlie to the Movies (If You Can't Make Love at Home) - Billy Murray