Sunday 14 September 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Hyde and Ian Kennedy.
Hold Back the Dawn, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1941 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Bruce Hyde: American actor and academic (d. 2015).
- Ian Kennedy: English lawyer and academic.
- Alberto Naranjo: Venezuelan drummer composer and bandleader.
- Alex Clair: American guitarist and songwriter (d. 2006).
- The State of Vermont quotdeclares warquot on Germany, by defining the United States to be in quotarmed conflictquot in order to extend a wartime bonus to Vermonters in the service. Boston.com
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?