Sunday 14 September 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 14, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gabriella Licudi and Óscar Arias.
You'll Never Get Rich, directed by Sidney Lanfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1941 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Gabriella Licudi
- Óscar Arias: Statesman.
- Bruce Hyde: American actor and academic (d. 2015).
- Tadao Ando: Architect.
- Alberto Naranjo: Venezuelan drummer composer and bandleader.
- The State of Vermont quotdeclares warquot on Germany, by defining the United States to be in quotarmed conflictquot in order to extend a wartime bonus to Vermonters in the service. Boston.com