Sunday 19 October 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 19, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Simon Ward and Franck Devenne.
How Green Was My Valley, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 October 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1941!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1941 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Simon Ward: London, England -- Actor (4 Musketeers, 4 Feathers).
- Franck Devenne: French race horse jockey, harness racer.
- 1st woman jockey in North America, Anna Lee Wiley in Mexico