Monday September 01, 1941
US date format: 9/1/1941, UK date format: 1/9/1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 1, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Sid Pye and George Saimes.
Riders of the Timberline, directed by Lesley Selander, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 01, 1941?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- See more
- Jews living in Germany are required to wear a yellow Jewish star
- Benjamin Dwight: US tennis championship umpire.
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial