Monday 1 September 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 1, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sid Pye and George Saimes.
The Gunman from Bodie, directed by Spencer Gordon Bennet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1941 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Sid Pye: Drummer.
- George Saimes: American football defensive back and fullback for Michigan State University and the Buffalo Bills of the American Football League.
- Graeme Langlands: Australian rugby league footballer.
- Benjamin Dwight: US tennis championship umpire.
- Jews living in Germany are required to wear a yellow Jewish star