Tuesday 23 September 1941US date format: 9/23/1941, UK date format: 23/9/1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on September 23, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Bruno Delmas and Jeremiah Wright.
Texas, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 September 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1941 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Jeremiah Wright: Clergyman.
- Bruno Delmas: French palaeographer and archivist, who...
- Renato Curcio: Italian terrorist, the founder and...
- Bob Vogel: American football offensive lineman for...
- Robert Vogel: Columbus sports Champions.
- George Jackson: American activist and author co-founded...
- Simon Nolet: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Norma Winstone: English singer-songwriter.
- General de Gaulle forms government in exile in London
- German air raid on Russ naval base Kronstadt (battleship Marat sinks)
- World War II: The first gas chamber experiments are conducted at Auschwitz.