Sunday 21 September 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 21, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roy Tate and R James Woolsey.
The Maltese Falcon, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 September 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1941 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Roy Tate: American writer and astrologer.
- Tony Moon: Rocker.
- R James Woolsey: Jr.
- Jack Brisco: American wrestler and manager (d. 2010).
- R Woolsey: Jr.
- US launches its 1st Liberty-ship, Patrick Henry