Saturday 27 September 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 27, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gay Kayler and Roger J J Claessen.
Texas, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 September 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1941 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Roger J J Claessen: Belgian soccer star.
- Gay Kayler: Australian country music singer.
- Serge Menard: Quebecois politician.
- Jean Bardet: French chef, considered in the 1990s to be the leading restaurateur in Touraine.
- Peter Bonetti: English footballer and coach.
- Serge Ménard: Canadian lawyer and politician.
- Don Nix: American saxophonist songwriter and producer (The Mar-Keys).
- 1st WWII liberty ship, freighter Patrick Henry, launched
- The SS Patrick Henry is launched becoming the first of more than 2,700 Liberty ships.
- First World War II liberty ship, freighter Patrick Henry, launched by US.