Saturday 6 September 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Willibrord Frequin and Roger Law.
Hold Back the Dawn, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Random Harvest by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1941 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Willibrord Frequin: Dutch TV reporter.
- Roger Law: English illustrator.
- Monica Mason: South African ballerina and director.
- Hugo Loudon: President-director (Royal Oil), dies at 81.
- 55th US Womens Tennis: Sarah H Cooke beats Pauline Betz Addie (75 62)
- 61st US Mens Tennis: Robert L Riggs beats F Kovacs (2d 57 61 63 63)
- Jews of Vilna, Poland are confined to a ghetto.
- All Jews over age 6 in German territories ordered to wear a star.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?