Monday 8 September 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Feinstein in New York City and Bernard Sanders.
Hold Back the Dawn, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1941 ?
- Alan Feinstein in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Max - Berrengers, Family Tree).
- Bernard Sanders: (Rep-R-Vermont).
- Dante Drowty: Rocker.
- Pierre Bideau: French electrician and lighting engineer.
- Yves Saint Martin: French jockey, winner of the Arc de Triomphe in 1970, riding Sassafras, 1974, riding Allez France, 1982, riding Akiyda and 1984 riding Sagace.
- Bernie Sanders: American politician who currently serves as the junior United States Senator from Vermont.
- Blockade of Leningrad (St Petersburg) by Germany begins
- Entire Jewish community of Meretsch, Lithuania is exterminated.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 September 1941
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?