Monday 8 September 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernie Sanders and Yves Saint-Martin.
Hold Back the Dawn, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while This Above All by Eric Knight was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 September 1941 ?
- Bernie Sanders: American politician who currently serves as the junior United States Senator from Vermont.
- Yves Saint-Martin
- Fairbanks (Alaska)
- Dante Drowty: Rocker.
- Pierre Bideau: French electrician and lighting engineer.
- Yves Saint Martin: French jockey, winner of the Arc de Triomphe in 1970, riding Sassafras, 1974, riding Allez France, 1982, riding Akiyda and 1984 riding Sagace.
- Alan Feinstein in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Max - Berrengers, Family Tree).
- Bernard Sanders: (Rep-R-Vermont).
- Blockade of Leningrad (St Petersburg) by Germany begins
- Entire Jewish community of Meretsch, Lithuania is exterminated.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?