Saturday 20 July 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 20, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hazel Hawke and Mike Ilitch.
Blackmail, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1929 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Hazel Hawke: Australian social worker and pianist 23rd Spouse of the Prime Minister of Australia (d. 2013).
- Mike Ilitch: American businessman co-founded Little Caesars.
- Rajendra Kumar: Pakistani-Indian actor and producer (d. 1999).
- Soviet troops attempt to cross the Amur River into Manchuria near Blagoveschensk as tensions mount between the Soviet Union and the Republic of China.