Friday 20 June 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rainer Barzel and Chet Atkins in Luttrell.
Koi no torimono, directed by Zanmu Kako, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1924!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1924 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Rainer Barzel: German leader (CDU-CSU) / minister.
- Chet Atkins in Luttrell: Tennessee, USA; guitarist (Me and My Guitar) (dies 2001).
- Chet Atkins: American country-western guitarist and songwriter who rose from poverty to international fame.
- Maurice Cocagnac: French Dominican priest, theologian, painter, songwriter, singer, and traveller.
- Stanislas Pasek: France sport Champion.
- Audie Murphy: American actor and soldier who was the most decorated soldier of WW II with 23 awards, including the Congressional Medal of Honor. As a lieutenant in the U.S. Army, Murphy was credited with killing some 240 enemy soldiers in Italy and France. Murphy became a symbol of America's darling young WW II soldier-hero. His handsome face served as an image of the American GI. After his publicity in Life magazine, Murphy turned his war heroics into a film career in B-movie Westerns in Hollywood. He tried
- Fritz Koenig: German sculptor and academic designed The Sphere
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 June 1924
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1924 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Mr. Radio Man - Al Jolson
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?