Saturday 20 June 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 20, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Wilson and Penelope Horner.
Jackass Mail, directed by Norman Z. McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 June 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1942 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Brian Wilson: American musician, the troubled and eccentric genius of "The Beach Boys," a composer and producer who gave up touring with the group in 1965, at 22.
- Penelope Horner
- Richard I Neal
- Andrew Graham: English economist and academic.
- Mario Gabelli: Businessman.
- Neil Trudinger: Australian mathematician and theorist.
- Brian Wilson in Inglewood: California, USA; singer (The Beach Boys - "In My Room").
- Richard Neal: American military man, a Brigadier General in the U.S.
- Adolf Eichmann proclaims deportation of Dutch Jews
- German troops conquer Tobruk, North Africa