Saturday 20 June 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Wilson in Inglewood and Richard Neal.
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1942 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Brian Wilson in Inglewood: California, USA; singer (The Beach Boys - "In My Room").
- Richard Neal: American military man, a Brigadier General in the U.S.
- Brian Wilson: American musician, the troubled and eccentric genius of "The Beach Boys," a composer and producer who gave up touring with the group in 1965, at 22.
- Andrew Graham: English economist and academic.
- Neil Trudinger: Australian mathematician and theorist.
- Adolf Eichmann proclaims deportation of Dutch Jews
- German troops conquer Tobruk, North Africa
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 June 1942
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?