Thursday 5 June 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Porte and Kenneth Burslam Gardner.
Koi no torimono, directed by Zanmu Kako, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Little French Girl by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1924!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 June 1924 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Bernard Porte: French business leader, former CEO of Bayard Presse, one of the oldest press and publishing companies of France.
- Kenneth Burslam Gardner: Librarian / orientalist.
- Joseph Rozier: French Catholic clergyman, the bishop of Poitiers from 1975 to 1994.
- Lou Brissie: American baseball player and scout (d. 2013).
- Art Donovan: American football player and radio host (d. 2013).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The One I Love Belongs to Somebody Else - Sophie Tucker
- Steppin' Out - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?