Wednesday 20 June 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David S Monson and John McCook in Ventura California USA actor (Codename.
Rhapsody in Blue, directed by Irving Rapper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while The Black Rose by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1945!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1945 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- David S Monson: (Rep-R-Utah, 1985- ).
- John McCook in Ventura California USA actor (Codename: Firefox, The Bold and the Beautiful).
- James F Buchli in New Rockford: North Dakota, USA; US Marine Corp/astronaut (STS 51C, 61A, 29, 48).
- John Barr: Scottish owner of a butcher shop in Wishaw, popular and successful in that it supplied meats to Scotmid (Co-op).
- Jean-Claude Izzo: French poet, playwright, screenwriter, and novelist who achieved sudden fame in the mid-1990s with the publication of his three neo-noir crime novels Total Chaos, Chourmo, and Solea (widely known as the Marseilles Trilogy), featuring as protagonist ex-cop Fabio Montale, and set in the author's native city of Marseille.
- Anne Murray: Canadian-American contemporary pop and country singer who has won a string of awards along with ten No.1 hits. She won the Grammy four times and the Juno award so many times that it is sometimes dubbed "The Anne Murray award." Murray owns eleven gold and four platinum albums. Her "Greatest Hits, Volume 1" album went platinum six times. She dislikes the music industry's use of labels, calling the artist a country singer some days, a pop singer the next. Her ability to crossover from the country l
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - Baia
- There! I've Said it Again - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra v Teddy Walters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?