Saturday 20 April 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 20, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Gammon and Jan Cremer.
Ein Robinson, directed by Arnold Fanck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 April 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1940 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- James Gammon: American actor (Born 1940).
- Jan Cremer: Dutch writer, a journalist and artist.
- Pilar Miro: Director (Wether, Beltenebros).
- James Gammon in Newman: Illinois, USA; actor (Cool Hand Luke, Nick - Nash Bridges).
- George Takei in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Sulu - Star Trek, Green Berets).
- Miguel Roca: Spanish politician.
- 1st electron microscope demonstrated (RCA), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- RCA demonstrates its new electron microscope in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.