Tuesday 20 February 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 20, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jimmy Greaves and RA Weiss.
The House of the Seven Gables, directed by Joe May, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 February 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1940 ?
- Jimmy Greaves: English footballer and sportscaster.
- Christoph Eschenbach: Breslau, Germany -- Pianist / conductor.
- RA Weiss: Director (Institute of Cancer Research).
- Barbara Laine Ellis in Olympia: Washington, USA; singer (Fleetwoods).
- Christopher Lydon: American journalist and broadcaster, Lydon is perhaps best known as host of "The Connection," a thoughtful call-in public broadcasting radio show that covers a wide variety of issues from history and politics to science to popular culture and everything in between.
- Larry Clinton and his Orchestra record Limehouse Blues