Tuesday 20 February 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jimmy Greaves and Christoph Eschenbach.
The Baker's Wife, directed by Marcel Pagnol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 February 1940 ?
- Jimmy Greaves: English footballer and sportscaster.
- Christoph Eschenbach: Breslau, Germany -- Pianist / conductor.
- RA Weiss: Director (Institute of Cancer Research).
- Barbara Laine Ellis in Olympia: Washington, USA; singer (Fleetwoods).
- Christopher Lydon: American journalist and broadcaster, Lydon is perhaps best known as host of "The Connection," a thoughtful call-in public broadcasting radio show that covers a wide variety of issues from history and politics to science to popular culture and everything in between.
- Larry Clinton and his Orchestra record Limehouse Blues
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?