Tuesday 20 February 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christoph Eschenbach and RA Weiss.
The Baker's Wife, directed by Marcel Pagnol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1940 ?
- Christoph Eschenbach: Breslau, Germany -- Pianist / conductor.
- RA Weiss: Director (Institute of Cancer Research).
- Barbara Laine Ellis in Olympia: Washington, USA; singer (Fleetwoods).
- Christopher Lydon: American journalist and broadcaster, Lydon is perhaps best known as host of "The Connection," a thoughtful call-in public broadcasting radio show that covers a wide variety of issues from history and politics to science to popular culture and everything in between.
- Jimmy Greaves: English footballer and sportscaster.
- Larry Clinton and his Orchestra record Limehouse Blues
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 February 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?