Sunday 21 December 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Vila .
Hellzapoppin', directed by H.C. Potter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while The Sun Is My Undoing by Marguerite Steen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 21 December 1941 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- German submarine U-567 sinks
- Last NFL drop kick for an extra point (Ray McLean, Chicago Bears)
- Chicago Bears win the NFL championship, Ray McLean makes last NFL drop kick for an extra point.
- World War II: A formal treaty of alliance between Thailand and Japan is signed in the presence of the Emerald Buddha in Wat Phra Kaew.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1941 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- This Is No Laughing Matter - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- (There'll be Bluebirds Over) The White Cliffs of Dover - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?