Saturday 21 December 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 21, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Philip Cannon .
Skyscraper Symphony, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 December 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1929 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- 1st group hospital insurance plan offered (Dallas Tx)
- First US group hospital insurance plan instituted, Dallas, Texas.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1929 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ruth Etting - More Than You Know
- Chant of the Jungle - Roy Ingraham & His Orchestra