Tuesday 21 March 1939US date format: 3/21/1939, UK date format: 21/3/1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 21, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Mulroney and Martha Hudson in Eastman.
Silver on the Sage, directed by Lesley Selander, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 March 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1939 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Brian Mulroney: Statesman.
- Martha Hudson in Eastman: Georgia, USA; 4X100 metre relayer...
- Kathleen Widdoes: Wilmington, Delaware -- Actress (Without...
- Evald Aav: Estonian composer and conductor (d....
- Nazi-Germany demands Gdansk (Danzig) from Poland
- In London: the Ordo Templi Orientis publish Aleister Crowley's ''Eight Lectures on Yoga''.