Friday 21 April 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ernie Maresca singer/songwriter ("Runaround Sue" and Helen Prejean.
Union Pacific, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 21 April 1939 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- Ernie Maresca singer/songwriter ("Runaround Sue": "Wanderer").
- Helen Prejean: American nun who has fought to eliminate the death penalty in the US.
- Louis Provelli
- John McCabe: English pianist and composer (d. 2015).
- Herman Finck: Composer, dies at 66.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?