Friday 21 April 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 21, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marcia Angell and Peter S. Beagle.
Juarez, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 April 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 21 April 1939 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- Peter S. Beagle: Author.
- Marcia Angell: Editor.
- Gro Harlem Brundtland: Politician.
- Ernie Maresca singer/songwriter ("Runaround Sue": "Wanderer").
- Helen Prejean: American nun who has fought to eliminate the death penalty in the US.
- Herman Finck: Composer, dies at 66.