Monday 6 March 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 6, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kit Bond and Alain Gründ.
Love Affair, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 March 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1939 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Kit Bond: American lawyer and Republican politician.
- Alain Gründ
- Infanta Margarita of Spain: duchess of Soria.
- Christopher Bond: American politician, the former Republican Governor of Missouri.
- Alain Grund: French publisher, head of the Gründ publishing house from 1963 to 2008.
- David Spielberg in Weslaco: Texas, USA; actor (Jessica Novak, The Practice).
- Infanta Margarita: Duchess of Soria.
- Adam Osborne: Thai-Indian engineer and businessman founded the Osborne Computer Corporation (d. 2003).
- Cookie Rojas: Cuban-American baseball player coach and manager.
- Duchess of Soria Infanta Margarita: Spanish royalty, the younger sister of King Juan Carlos I of Spain.
- Jerry Naylor in Stephenville: Texas, USA; rock vocalist (Crickets).