Wednesday 29 March 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 29, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Terence Hill and Jean-Marie Vanlerenberghe.
Double Deal, directed by Arthur Dreifuss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 March 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1939 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Terence Hill: Italian-German-American film actor, who debuted onscreen in 1962.
- Jean-Marie Vanlerenberghe: French politician, an engineer by training, who served as mayor of Arras from June 1995 to February 2011.
- Mario Girotti: Italy Actor.
- Roland Arnall: French-American businessman and diplomat 63rd United States Ambassador to the Netherlands (d. 2008).