Sunday 19 March 1939US date format: 3/19/1939, UK date format: 19/3/1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 19, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Étienne Pinte and Ron Atkinson.
La fin du jour, directed by Julien Duvivier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 March 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1939 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
Famous Birthdays:19 March
- Lloyd L Gaines: American civil rights activist (Born...
- Hitler sends a registered letter to the government of Lithuania stating that Germany intends to annex the port of Memel.