Monday 27 March 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 27, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ladislas De Hoyos and Lord Lyell.
Double Deal, directed by Arthur Dreifuss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 March 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1939 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Ladislas De Hoyos
- Lord Lyell
- Ruth Ashton: general secretary (Royal College of Midwives).
- Jacques Prévost: French homicide: killed his wife with a rifle on 6/03/1986, Creteil, France.
- Cale Yarborough: American champion race car driver named in 1998 as one of NASCAR's greatest drivers.
- José Bardina: Spanish-Venezuelan actor (d. 2009).
- Lawrence Brandt: American bishop.
- Jay C Kim: (Rep-R-California).
- Ladislas de Hoyos: Belgian-French journalist and politician (d. 2011).
- Bruce Johnston: American criminal (d. 2002).
- Jay Kim: South Korean-American engineer and politician.
- Beba Selimović: Bosnian singer.
- Vasilios Makridis: Greek skier.
- Angelo Cifelli: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Constance Lindsay Skinner: Author (Rivers of America), dies at 57.