Tuesday 28 March 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 28, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cale Yarborough and Leila Kasra.
Double Deal, directed by Arthur Dreifuss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 March 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1939 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Cale Yarborough: Celebrity.
- Leila Kasra: Iranian-American poet and songwriter (d. 1989).
- Edward Pearce: English journalist and author.
- Francis Matthew John Baker: Australian politician (Born 1903).
- Dutch hunter shoots English bombers down.
- Renaissance Big 5 win first pro basketball championship.
- Spanish Civil War: Generalissimo Francisco Franco conquers Madrid.