Tuesday 28 March 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leila Kasra and Edward Pearce.
Dodge City, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1939 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Leila Kasra: Iranian-American poet and songwriter (d. 1989).
- Edward Pearce: English journalist and author.
- Francis Matthew John Baker: Australian politician (Born 1903).
- Dutch hunter shoots English bombers down.
- Renaissance Big 5 win first pro basketball championship.
- Spanish Civil War: Generalissimo Francisco Franco conquers Madrid.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 March 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?