Friday 25 July 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maureen Forrester in Montreal and Maureen Forrester.
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1930 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Maureen Forrester in Montreal: Quebec, Canada; contralto (Ressurection Symphony).
- Maureen Forrester: Canadian opera singer, a magnificent contralto; winner of the Governor General Arts Award 1995 and Canada's grand dame of song.
- Daniel Louradour: French painter, stage designer and lithographer.
- Murray Chapple: New Zealand cricketer and manager (d. 1985).
- Alice Parizeau: Polish-Canadian journalist and criminologist (d. 1990).
- Herbert Scarf: American economist and academic (d. 2015)
- Annie Ross: Scottish-American singer and actress (Lambert Hendricks & Ross)
- Philadelphia Athletics triple steal in the first and fourth innings versus Cleveland Indians.
- Laurence Olivier marries Jill Esmond.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?