Friday 21 October 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 21, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sir Malcolm Arnold and Jarmil Burghauser.
The Affairs of Anatol, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 October 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1921!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1921 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Jarmil Burghauser: Composer.
- Sir Malcolm Arnold: British composer (d. 2006).
- Billy Hassett: American athlete, played pro basketball for two seasons beginning in 1949.
- Alex Kitson: Scottish trade union leader, a legend in his own time.
- Herm Klotz: American athlete, he played pro basketball for one season in 1947-48.
- Malcolm Arnold: Northampton, England -- Composer (Bridge over River Kwai).
- Bruce Beeby: Australian-English actor (d. 2013).
- Robert Clothier: Canadian actor (d. 1999).
- Jim Shumate: American fiddler and composer (d. 2013).
- Ingrid van Houten-Groeneveld: Dutch astronomer and academic (d. 2015).
- Tuschinski Theater opens in Amsterdam
- President Warren G. Harding delivers the first speech by a sitting President against lynching in the deep south.
- George Melford's silent film, The Sheik, starring Rudolph Valentino, premiers.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- They Needed a Song Bird in Heaven (So God Took Caruso Away) - Sam Ash
- All By Myself - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra