Sunday 2 October 1921
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Albert Scott Crossfield and Robert Runcie [Kennedy].
The Affairs of Anatol, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 October 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1921!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1921 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Albert Scott Crossfield: American test pilot (d. 2006).
- A Scott Crossfield: US Test pilot (XS-1).
- Robert Runcie [Kennedy]: Liverpool, England -- Archbishop of Canterbury.
- Albert Crossfield: American naval officer and test pilot.
- Ralph Weigel: American professional baseball player, a catcher nicknamed "Wig.
- Robert Runcie: English archbishop (d. 2000).
- New York Yankee Babe Ruth hits then record 59th HR