Wednesday 21 September 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 21, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jimmy Young and John McHale.
The Affairs of Anatol, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 September 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1921 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Jimmy Young: English singer and radio host.
- John McHale: American baseball player and executive (d. 2008).
- Gas explodes at Bradishe Aniline chemical works in Germany, 565 die
- Pope Benedictus XV donates 1 million lire to feed Russians
- A storage silo in Oppau, Germany, explodes, killing 500-600 people.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All By Myself - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Dangerous Blues - Mamie Smith & Her Jazz Hounds