Wednesday 21 September 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John McHale and Jimmy Young.
Fortunato, 3. Teil - Der letzte Atemzug, directed by Karl Halden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while Main Street by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1921 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- John McHale: American baseball player and executive (d. 2008).
- Jimmy Young: English singer and radio host.
- Gas explodes at Bradishe Aniline chemical works in Germany, 565 die
- Pope Benedictus XV donates 1 million lire to feed Russians
- A storage silo in Oppau, Germany, explodes, killing 500-600 people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Learn to Smile - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Down Home Blues - Ethel Waters
- The Young Prince and the Young Princess - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- Jazz Me Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?