Wednesday 19 October 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gunnar Nordahl and Herbert Kalmbach.
Mysteries of India, Part I: Truth, directed by Joe May, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1921!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1921 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Gunnar Nordahl: Sweden -- Soccer player (1948 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Herbert Kalmbach: American lawyer.
- George Nader: American actor, Universal Studio's leading man in 1950.
- René Ricord: French thug, involved in racketeering in the Pigalle area of Paris.
- Jean Faucher: Clichy Journalist.
- Antonio Granjo: Premier (Portugal), murdered.
- Portuguese Prime Minister Antonio Granjo and other politicians are murdered in a Lisbon coup.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 October 1921
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sweetheart - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Learn to Smile - John McCormack
- Cherie - Nora Bayes
- Deep in Your Eyes - Prince's Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?