Saturday 8 October 1921
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Abraham Sarmiento .
I Accuse, directed by Abel Gance, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1921!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1921 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Abraham Sarmiento: Filipino Supreme Court jurist (d. 2010).
- KDKA in Pittsburgh's Forbes Field conducts the first live broadcast of a football game.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 October 1921
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Down Yonder - Peerless Quartet
- Enrico Caruso - Dreams of Long Ago
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?