Monday 17 October 1921
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 17, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Poston and Joseph Pasteur.
La terre, directed by André Antoine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 October 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1921!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1921 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Tom Poston: American actor whose medium was television, appearing on a half-dozen varied series.
- Joseph Pasteur: Bastia Journalist.
- George Brown: Scottish poet, author and dramatist, whose work has a distinctly Orcadian character.
- Thoams Poston: Columbus Actor.
- René Florio: Henin-Liétard Journalist.
- George Mackay Brown: Scottish Poet (d.1996).
- Priscilla Buckley: American journalist and author (d. 2012).
- Maria Gorokhovskaya: USSR -- Gymnist (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Roger Mouly: Ussel physician.
- Pricilla Lanford Buckly: Editor / columnist (National Review).
- Katherine Griffith: Actress (Pollyanna), dies at 45.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- They Needed a Song Bird in Heaven (So God Took Caruso Away) - Sam Ash
- All By Myself - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra