Thursday 6 October 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yevgeniy Landis and Maurice De Muer.
I Accuse, directed by Abel Gance, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Sheik by Edith M. Hull was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1921!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1921 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Yevgeniy Landis: Russian mathematician (d. 1997).
- Maurice De Muer: French cyclist, who rode as a professional between 1943 and 1951 and later became a cycling team manager.
- Eugene Hudson: Los Angeles Military man.
- de Chavanes: Salins EXecutives.
- Evgenii Landis: Ukrainian-Russian mathematician and theorist (d. 1997).
- Joseph Lowery: American Civil rights movement leader
- Century Theater opens at 7th Ave and 59th St. NYC (demolished 1962)
- Fewest hits in World Series Game, 5, Yanks (3) beat Giants (2), 3-0
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- All By Myself - Aileen Stanley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?