Sunday 21 October 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 21, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carrie Fisher and Carrie Fisher in Beverly Hills.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Brave One, directed by Irving Rapper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while How To Live 365 Days A Year by John A. Schindler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Other Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 October 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1956 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Carrie Fisher: American actress, author, playwright and noted family, the daughter of America's sweethearts, Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher.
- Carrie Fisher in Beverly Hills: California, USA; actress (Princess Lelia - Star Wars).
- Mike Tully: American pole vaulter.
- Betty Dodd wins LPGA Lawton Golf Open
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - A Woman In Love
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Freddie Bell & The Bellboys - Giddy-Up-A-Ding-Dong
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?