Saturday 21 August 1943US date format: 8/21/1943, UK date format: 21/8/1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 21, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Lorgeoux and Lino Capolicchio.
The Fallen Sparrow, directed by Richard Wallace, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 August 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1943 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Gérard Lorgeoux
- Lino Capolicchio: Italian actor, screenwriter, and film director.
- Patrick Demarchelier: French-American photographer.
- Sylvester McCoy: Actor.
- Lucius Shepard: American author and critic (d. 2014).
- Hugh Wilson: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Jonathan Schell: American journalist and author (d. 2014).
- Henrik Pontoppidan: Danish realist writer who shared with Karl Gjellerup the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1917 for "his authentic descriptions of present-day life in Denmark.
- Gromyko named USSR-ambassador in Washington
- Japan leaves Aleutian Islands